facebook_blue.png linkin_blue.png twitter_blue.png


KIRKCALDY | 01592 263455
GLENROTHES | 01592 757114
LEVEN | 01333 429320

Immigration - Indefinite Leave to Remain

Immigration - Indefinite Leave to Remain

Immigration – Indefinite Leave to Remain


Once your spouse has been in the UK for five years they may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

By now you will already have been through the process of applying for entry clearance and leave to remain.  The evidence you require for Indefinite Leave to Remain is as strict as the previous applications.


What are the requirements?

 You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply.

  • You must be able to prove you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK.
  • You should have adequate accommodation for your spouse without the need for public funds and should be able to maintain your spouse without recourse to public funds. You will need to demonstrate that you can do this in accordance with the immigration rules.
  • If you’re aged between 18 and 64 years old when you apply, you must also pass the Life in the UK Test.
  • If your spouse is not from an English speaking country, then they need to provide appropriate evidence of an English Language Test.


Other requirements

  • No immigration laws must have been broken.
  • You must provide accurate information to the Home Office.
  • Any criminal record may be taken into consideration.


How long you can stay?

If successful, your new visa will give you permission to stay indefinitely.


Further Information?

We regularly assist in making these applications and can provide fixed fees for our involvement. If we can help you contact our Glenrothes Office and arrange an appointment with Jemma Forbes.






  • Tagged as:
Latest News

'999' Discount for First Response Emergency Service Providers - Terms and Conditions

999 Discount for First Response Emergency Service Providers

I don't need a Will, or do I?

Many people don't make a Will as they believe that the state will always ensure that their nearest and dearest will inherit their estate as they would expect. However, this is not always the case. Read on to find out more.