We are able to give advice and accept instructions in relation to the preparation and submission of Immigration Applications. We do not provide legal aid for this service. We will deal with the following kinds of Immigration Applications and charge the following fees: –
- Entry Clearance applications to join your family member in the UK, applications for an extension of leave in the UK or Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK in line with the immigration rules and Appendix FM. We charge a fee of £800 plus VAT and outlays. The cost of this may increase depending on the circumstances. For example, where you have a dependant applying to come too, the cost will increase by £250 plus VAT. Where you are self-employed or have a more complicated way of meeting the financial rules (not employed with same employer for last 6 months) our legal fees will increase as the time involved in completing the application will increase.
- If you do not meet the Immigration rules, we can apply to the UKBA on a discretionary basis. Our fees for this will depend on the complexity of your case but will start at £800 plus VAT and outlays. We will provide a fixed fee to you when your circumstances are explained.
- Citizenship Applications. Our fee for this will be £650 plus VAT but again our fees may increase in more complex cases.
Outlays in the above applications may consist of:-
a) UKBA fees will change regularly and are published on the UKBA website.
b) Immigration Health Surcharge (not for Citizenship or Indefinite leave applications) which is currently £1872 but may change subject to UKBA rules.
c) Biometric Appointment fees which will depend on the availability and location. These range from £80-150.
d) Translation services or large postage outlays.
e) Priority service fees.
- If your immigration application has been refused, we can appeal this decision to the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal. The cost of an appeal is not covered by the legal fees for your application and there will be additional fees payable at our hourly rate as stated above. We do not offer legal aid. This will involve travel and attendance at a hearing in Glasgow.
Outlays payable in connection with this will include: –
1. Solicitor’s travel costs;
2. Translations fees;
3. Fees for additional experts or reports;
4. Appeal fee which is currently £140 and may change.